Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
Tank Water Heaters in Idaho Falls, ID
The tank water heater is a classic staple of American households. Tank water heaters have been used for decades and will continue to remain one of the best choices for affordable water heating. Whether you’re in the market for a new water heater or just need repairs and maintenance for
Your current one, you can depend on A Pro Plumbing Inc. for any of your hot water tank needs.
Water heaters are built to last you for over a decade. Our goal is to make sure of that, whether it’s by installing the best possible water heaters available on the market or by performing the repairs to keep your water heater safe from corrosion, leaks, and other issues. We stand behind our work with guarantees on workmanship and parts, ensuring that you’ll be 100% satisfied with our work.
Contact us today to schedule an estimate for water heater installation or repairs. Your satisfaction and peace of mind is our top priority.
What to Consider When Shopping for a New Water Heater
Water heaters will last you about ten years, as long as they’re properly maintained and taken care of throughout its lifespan. When those repairs and maintenance visits eventually prove ineffective, however, you’ll know it’s time for a new one. When shopping for a new water heater, there are various factors you have to keep in mind.
- Size: You’ll need a tank that’s perfectly sized for your home. Too big can be just as inefficient as too small. If the size of your household has changed recently, you may need to replace with a more appropriate size.
- Fuel type: Gas and electric tank water heaters are the top choices available. Which type you use depends on your access as well as your personal preferences.
- Operation: Tank water heaters are great for supplying hot water to several appliances at once, but keep in mind that we also install tankless, heat pump, and solar water heaters.
Ensure a Long Life and Efficient Performance with Maintenance
Water heaters are relatively low-maintenance devices, but that doesn’t mean they don’t require some assistance every now and then. In fact, there are a few crucial tasks that must be performed to ensure the water heater keeps functioning.
- Tank flush: Sediments from hard water will gradually build up inside the tank. Too much sediment can lower efficiency and even burn a hole in the tank, forcing you to get a new one. Flushing the sediment annually is a routine preventative measure against this.
- Anode rod: The "sacrificial" anode rod is a piece of metal that’s inserted into the tank. Its sole purpose is to attract the corrosive chemicals that would normally attack the walls of the tank. The rod must be replaced after about 5 years, or else the water heater will be at a huge risk.
- Maintenance: For everything else, you’ll need general maintenance. Ensuring things like fittings being tight, valves operating properly, and that the thermostat is reading the correct temperature all go toward maintaining efficiency and avoiding damage to the tank.
Gas and Electric Tank Water Heater Experts in Idaho Falls, ID
Choose A Pro Plumbing Inc. as your go-to expert for all things concerning hot water tank heaters. If your water heater stops working or leaks at the worst possible time, you can use our 24/7 emergency service. We’ll send over a highly-skilled plumber right away in a truck fully-stocked, ready to tackle the job.
Talk to A Pro Today